Mark Jaquith, a lead WP developer“a Floridian, a husband to a wonderful wife, IN UR NOUN, VERBING UR RELATED NOUN, an employee of b5media, a fan of Free and Open Source Software, six feet, four inches tall, 25 years old, a WordPress core developer, a Mac user, an independent WordPress consultant, a capitalist and a libertarian, a Roman Catholic, this guy right here:
We are aiming for 3 main panel discussions where we will be able to utilize some local experts in a very casual discussion format. The topics we are currently considering are:
- Tech & Design – From WordPress.com to WordPress.org, what are the technical pros and cons, the common pitfalls, and some tips and tricks of the trade
- Content is King – Overused yes, but still too true to ignore. What are the keys to developing dynamic content for your blog
- Traffic Solutions – Ok, so you have a blog up and running, you think you have good content, how do you bring it to the people?
15 minute breaks (Lunch: 45 minutes)
- 10:00 – 11:00: WordPress for Beginners
- 10:00 – 11:00: WordPress.org Meet and Greet
- 11:30 – 12:15: Technical & Design Panel
- 12:15 – 01:00: Lunch
- 01:00 – 01:45: Content Development/Technique Panel
- 02:00 – 02:45: Promotion/Marketing Panel
- 03:00 – 04:00: Keynote Speaker (w/ Q&A) – Mark Jaquith
Subject to change.
Yes, there will be a nifty happy hour for people to continue to meetand greet after the event. It will be uptown and the exact location will be announced at the event.
- If you would like to volunteer to help in any way, as a speaker or otherwise, email jason